Position: Account Executive
Employer: Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc. (VA)
Location: Flexible. This person can work remotely from anywhere in the continental US or work from our corporate headquarters in Goleta, CA or our office in Chicago, IL, or any combination thereof.
Date: October 2022
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a global public health organization working towards ending malnutrition worldwide by distributing life-changing vitamins and minerals to at-risk mothers and children under five in the U.S. and around the world.
Vitamin Angels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals who aim to foster a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
Role or Purpose of Position
The Account Executive is a member of the Development Division team who serves as the main point of contact for corporate partnerships. The purpose of the position is to manage account relationships through various levels of interaction ensuring all needs are met while facilitating partner growth, development, and increased financial contributions. The Account Executive represents their client’s interests, anticipates their needs, and ensures their continued support, and satisfaction in partnering with Vitamin Angels. Previous knowledge of and interest in the Natural Products Industry and Retail industries are preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Manage and oversee account progress, projections and share deliverables:
- Work closely with the Associate Director(s) of Business Development to determine deliverables and monetary projections associated with each major account, and annual goals for smaller accounts.
- Interact with CPs appropriately according to their needs and donor level, connecting with each account at least once per quarter
- Understand how to strategically measure CP potential to expand partnership opportunities and monetary contributions
- Represent CP interests within the organization and anticipate client needs, objections and opportunities that would be appropriate and desirable to the partner
- Provide personalized guidance, feedback and ideas to maximize the growth of promotional partnerships
- Measure account contributions against projections regularly to ensure department deliverables are being met, tracking all projections and donations in Salesforce CRM database.
- Update Development & Marketing divisions on account progress and provide notice of anticipated needs if they require additional involvement from other divisions, such as the approval of print materials, copy, or the potential for additional Marketing resources or needs.
- Service accounts with consistent Account Executive best practices, providing call agenda’s, conversation recaps, next steps and ensuring all completed actions and upcoming tasks are recorded in SalesForce
- Follow up with companies as appropriate in order to ensure invoices are being received and payment is being remitted.
- Compose and edit copy for partners’ digital and print materials communicating Vitamin Angels’ partnership.
- Attend select industry events to meet with each major account, review partnership details, and encourage growth
- Travel to meet with high level or high-level potential donors, connect with their team, and present Vitamin Angels in-person
- Ensure each account is properly recognized for their donations (e.g., appropriate use of website recognition, or additional recognition as appropriate).
New Business Development:
- Actively engage in networking and brand building opportunities within the VMS and Natural Proucts industry attending select trade shows and events
- Remain active on LinkedIn posting, sharing, commenting, researching and building new connections to build the new business pipeline
- Execute new business outreach best practices creating an outline for all exploratory calls, recapping conversations and outlining next steps in SalesForce
- Hold phone calls with new business leads to explain partnership opportunities and onboard new companies who decide to move forward
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the Account Executive has the discretion to use independent judgment to make decisions of significant consequence that affect VA clients, partners, and employees.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The Account Executive is supervised by the Senior VP of Business Development and interacts daily with a range of members of the VA team.
Associate Director of Business Development
Primary working relationships:
Qualifications and Skills (Required and Preferred)
- Minimum BA/BS degree from an accredited university
- Experience working in office environment
- Superior customer service orientation with high expectations for quality
- Excellent communications skills (written/oral); professional writing experience or coursework preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills and a collaborative, team-player attitude
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking abilities, and detailed follow-through
- Technical expertise with MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and MS Outlook (email and calendar); Salesforce a plus
- Available to travel domestically and/or internationally on occasional basis
- Referrals required
- Ability to manage stress, including but not limited to stress resulting from local and foreign travel, large crowds, open spaces, shared office space, and daily activities.
- Ability to lift, or carry, approximately 20-40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time, including but not limited to prolonged air travel, and general job assignments perform at a desk.
- Must have a valid passport and ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to walk or hike in conditions which may include uneven surfaces, inclinations, stairs, extreme weather, long distances, elevation changes or extremes, and/or other conditions associated with foreign travel.
- Ability to receive necessary vaccines and medication for travel to certain countries.
Comprehensive benefit package includes Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program, 8 weeks paid pregnancy disability and 8 weeks paid parental leave and more.
Applications will be accepted until November 4, 2022 or until a qualified applicant is identified.