Employer: Vitamin Angels Alliance, Inc
Position: Brand & Retail Marketing Manager
Location: Goleta, CA. Remote considered.
Date: August 2021
Vitamin Angels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. We are committed to fostering a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
Role and Purpose of Position
You are a natural integrator and relationship maker. Collaboration comes easy to you and you thrive in helping to deliver value to our Corporate Partners through innovative, two-way marketing initiatives. You will help make sure our Corporate Partners unlock the true marketing value of our brand by helping to create custom and campaign-focused marketing plans for Retail and Brand partners.
The Brand & Retail Marketing Manager is a hybrid role of leading and supporting strategic interactions with retail and brand partners, which relate to their Vitamin Angels marketing initiatives. You will be responsible for thought leadership within a portfolio of accounts, while also collaborating with the Senior Brand and Retail Marketing Manager on projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and direct management of retail and brand activities, as well as partner on internal coordination and fulfillment of value-add marketing for our Corporate Partners. This position requires a results-driven blend of strategy, relationship-building and strong integrated marketing skills. In this role you will work in partnership with the Account Management team (Development Division) and the Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager to help fulfill the marketing needs of our corporate partners while demonstrating the value of our brand.
This position will represent the brand of Vitamin Angels and uphold the image of the organization by remaining sensitive to the complexities of non-profit marketing, especially as it pertains to retail, mass media, digital and other emerging media.
The Brand & Retail Marketing Manager is part of the Marketing Division, reporting to the Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager, and collaborates with the Marketing team on developing and supporting Vitamin Angels' overall marketing strategies. You apply expertise in all aspects integrated and retail marketing while working to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of Vitamin Angels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the generation of brand marketing plans for key accounts
- Works with the Development Division to add value to the partnership by providing support in marketing endeavors (ideation, content/asset development, relationship building and marketing retail/brand relevance).
- Owns the integration and inclusion of Vitamin Angels across the channels of our partners.
- Understands partner audiences and works with corporate partners to engage audiences through campaigns, content creation and coordination.
- Understands internal marketing mechanisms of key corporate partners on multiple levels and can engage them strategically to ensure success.
- Collaborates with corporate partners to establish strategy, metrics and objectives and helps them meet those objectives.
- Standardize and develop best practices to efficiently manage and monitor marketing programs, sponsorships and co-marketing opportunities.
- Participates in strategic account meetings/calls providing support to the Development Division.
- Manages special project requests related to marketing initiatives and acts as point of contact for corporate partners, external agencies, and Vitamin Angels’ internal divisions and staff members.
- Supports Senior Marketing Manager and Retail/Brand Account Managers in overall strategy, research and execution of projects related to Corporate Partnership marketing initiatives
- Prioritizes protecting beneficiary interests as designated in Vitamin Angels’ Protecting Beneficiary Rights policy in the interest of preserving dignity of beneficiary communities as well as the integrity of Vitamin Angels and its corporate partners
- Manages day to day of project progress.
- Assists Marketing Division in identification and vetting of external agencies & contractors.
- Supports management of project budgets and staff resources.
- Reports status to Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager
Reports to/Supervised by:
Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager
Primary working relationships:
Marketing Division, with support to Development Division
Local + International - as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Business, or Communications majors preferred) OR equivalent experience
- 3-5 years professional experience required in retail or consumer marketing with a track record of advancement
- Must work well independently and within a team
- Lead and influence others across functions by building strong relationships
- Effective communicator able to inspire action in others
- Demonstrate passion for the Brand and innovative concepts
- Ability to synthesize historical data, post-mortems with marketing research and other information sources to develop go-to-market strategies that align with organizational goals
- Budget management skills to ensure budget tracking in line with plans/projections & ROI
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion, professionalism and tact in dealing with corporate partners, especially with regard to confidential or sensitive information.
- Sensitivity to cultural and circumstantial norms and differences.
- Experience working at a marketing agency, servicing multiple clients
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant retail marketing strategies and channel optimization
- Strong understanding of DTC brand strategies
- Strong digital advertising and social media integration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of user analytics platforms in order to make data-driven decisions
- Knowledge of media production, particularly video production
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies (including DEI commitments), and sound professional practices, the Brand & Retail Marketing Manager is free to manage your activities in whatever way will best serve VA clients, partners and employees. Specific authorities associated with this position and their implementation procedures will be determined in conjunction with the Senior Brand & Retail Marketing Manager.
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter; resume or curriculum vitae to: Maureen Boyle, Director of Human Resources.
E-mail: [email protected];
Resumes will be accepted until September 15, 2021 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
Comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program and more.