Employer: Vitamin Angels
Position: Communications and Development Manager, India
Location: New Delhi, India
ROLE OR PURPOSE OF POSITION
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a global non-profit organization with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, USA. It promotes and implements evidence-based nutrition interventions among hard-to-reach and underserved populations (those that lack access to national health services), in 70 countries.
VA seeks to reduce health and economic disparities working closely with the Government and grassroot CSOs and key stakeholders mainly by effectively delivering evidence-based nutrition interventions to hard-to-reach populations. These interventions target the first 1000 days of life (i.e., from conception to 24 months of age) and children up to 5 years of age.
About the role
VA in India is looking to fill a long-term consultancy position, Communications and Development Manager, who will envision and execute strategic communications in support of programmatic, policy, advocacy and development goals. This consultancy role will work towards positioning VA in India as a leader in nutrition innovations to reach the last mile. S/he will also work to strengthen VA’s profile as a partner of choice for corporations and philanthropies in India.
This position will report to the VP of Marketing in the US and to the President – Vitamin Angels in India.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead the design and implementation of marketing, development and strategic communications plans and activities to advance VA’s national policy and advocacy goals and build visibility for VA among target audiences in the country.
- Strengthen communications and advocacy capacities within VA for more effective engagement with policymakers, media and influencers to achieve policy objectives and raise VA’s visibility.
- Provide support for donor relationship management and fundraising efforts, as well as raising awareness to garner funding.
- Work with Santa Barbara-based Marketing Team to ensure internal and external alignment of the brand and identity of VA, and in curating and creating content to help build VA brand in India and globally.
- Serve as the focal point for all brand development and ensuring adherence of all communication activities to VA’s brand.
- Global and In - Country Communications
- Serve as focal point to ensure effective communications coordination and collaboration with the VA’s global Marketing team and with in-country program teams.
- Represent VA with a wide array of development partners, funders, communications working groups, and official events to develop and build relationships to generate resources for VA in India.
- Lead media relations for VA’s advocacy at national and regional levels and oversee strategic deployment and management of media and digital communications channels.
- Establish and maintain contacts with media houses, both English and vernacular – regional, national, and international - and manage press conferences, news briefings, media interviews, visits, and public events.
- Monitor relevant media coverage, keep abreast of news developments on relevant issues in India, and assess the general reaction of the public to the work of VA on the basis of information gathered.
- Write press releases, press briefings, press statements, media and campaign Q&As, place articles in the appropriate media, and clear internal memos on media developments.
- Ensure consistency of media messaging from all staff, including monitoring that VA’s media protocols are followed.
- Lead on and execute crisis communication plans and activities
- Work closely with the Media and PR team in US to maintain uniformity in our efforts and outcomes with external media.
- Editorial and Production
- Develop and produce compelling written and multimedia content to showcase VA’s experience, expertise, evidence, and impact across VA owned channels.
- Initiate and implement the production of communication materials (e.g., print products, films, video, audio-visual, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translation, review of layouts and graphic design).
- Develop, as required, and provide quality assurance of all project related communication outputs (reports, web-based material, best practice case studies, and project reports).
- Internal Communication
- Communicate VA’s work in India with relevant internal audiences.
- Build understanding among project staff on importance of strategic communication and planning and budgeting
- Select, scope, and manage the work (and budgets) of public affairs and communications firms, contractors, and vendors in support of VA’s communications efforts.
- Contribute to organizational development and collaborate with other functional needs as and when required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in Communications or Mass Media plus 8-15 years of comparable experience working in communications in public health, international development, or a related field
- Proven success at developing and executing strategic communications plans, and in deploying and leveraging a variety of media and digital communication channels and tactics to reach and engage media, policymakers, and influencers
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines within a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Experience working in a global health or development organization and in integrating communications and advocacy is preferred
- Strong understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition in India is an advantage
- Experience providing communications training and capacity building of colleagues
Must be legally allowed to work in India.
VA is an equal opportunity employer. VA is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
Kindly submit your interest by: March 14, 2021