Employer: Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc
Position: Communications Intern
Location: Flexible. This person can work remotely from anywhere in the USA or work from our corporate headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA or our second office in Chicago.
Time frame: Immediate or starting January 2022
Vitamin Angels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. We are committed to fostering a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
Role or Purpose of Position
As an important part of the Learning Solutions (LS) team, you will help the unit operate more efficiently and effectively through the coordination of international communication projects including health education and social behavior change (SBC) materials.
The Communications Intern will learn to be responsible for basic document formatting, communicating with translators, tracking progress of translation projects, and coordinating the work flow between translatorsand the LS unit. They will also assist with formatting materials in Adobe InDesign and work with international advisors to ensure translations meet the local needs of the programs.
This position will work to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of Vitamin Angels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to use MemoQ (translation management) software to coordinate translation projects
- Format SBC materials in Adobe InDesign
- Coordinate the translation of SBC materials for 12+ languages
- Ensure final SBC documents are standardized across languages
- Attend required meetings and provide project updates to the LS team
- Assist with other Learning Solutions and Programs functions as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Independent, highly organized, attention to detail, great follow through and focus, hard worker
- Strong people skills and good communicator
- Team player
- Available 10-16 hours per week – with minimum 4-month commitment
- Required computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter plus a resume or curriculum vitae to: Maureen Boyle, Director of Human Resources.
E-mail: [email protected]
Resumes will be accepted until November 21, 2021.
Compensaion: $400 monthly stipend
Vitamin Angels is willing to accommodate a variety of internship program needs, such as internships for course credit, international students, or independent internship seekers.