Position: Database Administrator (DBA)
Employer: Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc
Location: Flexible. This person can work remotely from anywhere in the US or work from our corporate headquarters in Goleta, CA or our office in Chicago, IL, or any combination thereof.
Date: October 2021
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. We are committed to fostering a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
Role or Purpose of Position
As an integral part of the Vitamin Angels team, you will help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively through the maintenance, monitoring and implementation of information technology systems.
The DBA is responsible for the integrity of the data and the efficiency and performance of multiple integrated platforms within VA’s IT ecosystem. They manage data quality, application scalability, and system customization ensuring VA’s multi-platform infrastructure is reliable and secure. They will proactively engage with staff in systems training.
This position will work to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of Vitamin Angels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Platform Monitoring and Administration
- Monitor data integrity and integration errors across platforms and recommend/implement enhanced data and system controls (like duplicates and data correction)
- Create and maintain platform and integrated systems configuration
- Implement system change requests, utilizing and documenting changes through custom salesforce ticketing system
- Perform data backups
- Provide permission-based system access to new staff
- Support Platform Development
- Drive system improvements by studying current practices and implementing or adopting new platform features
- Partner with Sr. Systems Analyst and business stakeholders to clarify and advance business processes observing our IT Development SOP (Scoping, Analysis and Design, Construction/Testing, Deployment and Training).
- User Training
- Drive and increase user adoption by communicating regularly with staff about new and improved features of various systems
- Create training program to onboard new staff members
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the Database Administrator is free to manage their activities in whatever way will best serve VA stakeholders and partners. Decisions made in this position shall be reviewed with our IT team and supported by Director of IT.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The DBA is supervised by the Director or IT with respect to overall assignments and performance and interacts with all members of Vitamin Angels.
Director of IT
Primary working relationships:
IT Systems Group
None. If working remotely, traveling to the corporate headquarters at least once a year is expected.
Qualifications and Skills
- Required Administrative experience: Salesforce.com, ERP (Rootstock a plus), eMarketing Platform (HubSpot a plus)
- Desired platform integration and design experience: Accounting Integration, Payment Gateway Integration, Other integrated applications
- 5+ years’ work experience
- Social skills – You must communicate effectively with managers, colleagues and IT partners.
- Detail Oriented - Working with a database requires that you understand complex systems, and how a minor error can cause major problems
- Analytical and Solution Oriented - DBAs must monitor database performance and evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources. When problems come up, it is an opportunity to learn and make mistakes in the process of finding a solution. You must embrace your fear of making mistakes, so your troubleshooting skills grow and to receive the satisfaction of making the solve.
- Organized – It is important to organize your time and work to make the greatest impact on VA’s mission.
- Flexible and Easy Going- You must be able to deviate from a set plan and embrace change because business priorities shift or stakeholders and IT need more clarity, so timeline estimates must be re-evaluated. You can make solving complex issues fun.
- Work Ownership – Everything you’re involved in is marked by your expertise and participation. Owning your contribution to this organization and honoring your own work is important.
- Ability to manage stress, including but not limited to stress resulting from office space and daily activities.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time, including but not limited to general job assignments perform at a desk.
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter; and a resume or curriculum vitae to: Maureen Boyle, Director of Human Resources .
E-mail: [email protected];
Resumes will be accepted until October 31, 2021 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program and more.