- Position: Independent Contractor
- Employer: VA
- Location: Goleta, CA preferred (temporarily remote), remote considered.
- Hours: ~20 hrs/wk
- Rate: $25/hr
- Duration: Hire date through 12/31/2021 with potential to extend contract through 2022.
Scope of Work & Specific Duties:
The role of the DCC is to help create and maintain sustainable systems and storage for all of the organization’s digital assets and respond to organizational requests for a variety of digital content. To this end, the DCC will:
Support the infrastructure build out and integration of digital media systems:
- New Digital Asset Management (DAM) system
- DCC will help migrate and ingest content, and help implement protocols, systems, and best practices.
- Offline video file storage
- Collaborate with internal team and video production agency to update the offline storage system for footage, project files, and related assets.
Coordinate digital media asset across their lifecycle:
- Work with internal and external teams to organize, store, and maintain digital assets, including but not limited to photos, video footage and project files, graphic, illustration, audio, and pdf/Word docs.
- Support ingestion of new content: receiving, organizing, reviewing metadata and assigning keywords/tagging for content optimization, ease of discovery, and to ensure accurate usage rights; upload approved content into the DAM; back up files to offline storage.
- Support content use by leveraging the DAM to source and deliver time-sensitive requests.
- Support ongoing use of the DAM by acting as a resource and guide for those who need access; maintaining procedures and records for the system; and contributing to ongoing optimization and enhancements according to best practices and user feedback.
- Other duties as identified and assigned.
As defined on a project-by-project basis. Assignments and deadlines to be mutually agreed upon.
Reports to the Associate Director of Brand Marketing. Works primarily with the Senior Content Specialist and supports collaboration with our external content contractors/consultants.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- At least 1-year of experience working with digital assets such as video files, photography files, subject releases, etc.
- Attentiveness to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to self-start and work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, proactive problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with time sensitive situations. Ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong inter-personal skills, specifically the ability and commitment to building relationships on cross functional teams and with vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Office & Google Suite, and internal communication platforms.
- Ability to quickly learn and use other necessary software and application tools.
- Familiarity with video production equipment and software.
- Solid knowledge of video and editing principles
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite, specially Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects.
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter; resume or curriculum vitae to: Kim Saam, Associate Director of Brand Marketing.
Resumes will be accepted until October 15, 2021 or until a qualified applicant is identified.