Employer: Vitamin Angels Alliance, Inc
Position: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Role or Purpose of Position
The role of the Digital Marketing Coordinator is to increase awareness of Vitamin Angels’ mission through strategic planning and execution of digital initiatives including social media, email, and the website. This position will represent the brand and voice of Vitamin Angels online and uphold the image of the organization by remaining sensitive to the complexities of non-profit posting on social media channels. The primary responsibilities are; social media support, campaign and events support, email marketing & automation, website maintenance support, online fundraiser management, and digital asset management.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is part of the Marketing Division, reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, and collaborates with the Marketing team on defining and developing Vitamin Angels' overall marketing strategies. S/he applies expertise in all aspects of the Digital Marketing Coordinator position while working to promote, exemplify and further the mission , values and culture of VA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The major duties and responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Coordinator include:
Social Media Support
- Maintains, develops (in connection with Content Marketing Coordinator) and drives content for social media networks (including Facebook, Instagram and all other relevant platforms).
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) and external content strategy team to create an integrated social media strategy to engage, build and improve relationships with stakeholders.
- Maintains a posting schedule for campaign and non-campaign dates across all social media platforms, via content calendars and Hubspot, Vitamin Angels’ marketing automation software.
- Collaborates with external content strategy team to track, report, and evaluate social media analytics and recommend improvements to increase effectiveness.
- Monitors social media campaigns and VA-related content of corporate partners, in coordination with the Retail Marketing Manager (RMM)
- Work with external content strategy team to develop, monitor and execute paid social media ads, as part of a digital media strategy.
- Develops and maintains a high-level understanding of latest trends in social media and makes recommendations consistent with best practices, including recommendations on the best channels for communication.
- Builds the social media community by engaging in conversation with supporters and corporate partners, and encouraging them to share and contribute content.
Campaign and Events Support
- Helps Marketing Team to identify campaign and event opportunities and tactics to increase awareness and improve performance, and executes on social, web, and email in accordance with regular duties and responsibilities.
- Track, reports, and evaluates such campaign and event initiatives and recommends improvements to increase effectiveness.
Email Marketing & Automation
- Helps to build and execute on email strategy including working with the DMM to establish practices in automation and personalization, and creating/managing campaigns and nurturing workflows, via Hubspot software.
- Assist in setup and management Hubspot system, such as organizing and building lists, removing bounced emails, troubleshooting errors, etc.
- Build emails with Hubspot software (using templates; can be taught)
- Monitor open rates, click through rates, and other email KPIs to improve email performance.
Website Maintenance and Support
- Works with Content Marketing Coordinator to identify content for VA website, including content focused on stories, events, and news; hand off content pitches to external content writer and/or PR team for execution.
- Assists with copywriting and uploading completed content pieces on VA website.
- Maintains content updates on the Vitamin Angels website (non-programming items such as copy, images, blog articles, etc. utilizing Content Management System).
- Serves as point person for the creation of new sections or pages within websites and periodic redesigns of various digital assets.
- Facilitates execution of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics (including page titles, strategic image naming, meta data, etc.)
- Performs landscape analysis and stays abreast of trends in the industry.
Online Fundraiser Management
- Acts as primary point of contact for online fundraisers: reaching out to them when fundraising pages are created to establish fundraiser relationships, answering questions, providing fundraising assets as needed, troubleshooting fundraising platform issues, contacting 3rd party vendor support as needed, etc. Identifying key fundraisers for external content writer to interview for online features.
- Assists in developing and executing on donor recognition strategy for individuals.
- Primary point of contact for general inquiries that come through the website.
- General support for Digital Marketing Manager, across digital communication tactics.
- Manages Digital Marketing interns, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or other related field.
- At least 1 year prior experience blogging, editing newsletters, articles, etc. (can be as internship, academic organizations, or paid employment)
- Excellent communications skills. Ability to write in a simple conversational style and develop the tone and voice of Vitamin Angels.
- Sensitivity to cultural and circumstantial norms and differences.
- Creativity and energy in writing.
- Interest in Vitamin Angels' mission and programs.
- Sensitive to fact-checking and discretion to identify threats and opportunities in content posted.
- Progressive thinking and proactive about using social media for any relevant events, articles, etc.
- Independent, highly organized, great attention to detail, follow-through and focus.
- Knowledge and understanding of internet operations and social media networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in CMS such as WordPress, Drupal, or Expression Engine (can be taught)
- Previous work on brand campaigns in digital, including social, channels
- Basic knowledge of html and CSS
- Basic knowledge of photography/filmography
- Experience with marketing automation software, such as HubSpot
- Experience with online fundraising platforms, such as Classy
- Experience with Google Analytics and Salesforce
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Primary working relationships: Digital Marketing Manager, Associate Brand Director, Content Marketing Coordinator, Creative Design & Production Manager, Marketing Director
Travel required: Occasional, local
Challenges of the Position
The challenge to individuals in the Digital Marketing Coordinator position is functioning in an environment characterized by transition and growth opportunities. On an ongoing basis, the main challenge to the Digital Marketing Coordinator is an ability to thrive in an environment that requires significant self-initiative, collaboration among many team members both internal and external to VA, and an ability to work effectively and efficiently with management that is generally situated out of headquarters and accessible only by phone and email.
To apply, interested persons should submit a letter of application; resume or curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of three references – to M. Boyle, Corporate Services Manager:
E-mail: email@example.com; or
Applications will be accepted until July 25, 2019 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
 Our mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals.