The DMM will report to the Director of Marketing, collaborating with the Brand marketing team as well as the Development and Program divisions, and overseeing relationships with digital and web service agencies to execute initiatives that build organization awareness and drive revenue.
By way of the distribution of content representing the VA brand, must uphold the image of the organization by remaining sensitive to the complexities of nonprofit communication and protecting beneficiary rights.
S/he applies expertise in all aspects of Digital Marketing Management while working to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of VA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The DMM will have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and tactics to lead integrated marketing campaigns from concept to execution, supporting internal and external teams, from web development to account management and corporate partner promotions, across all PESO initiatives.
Developing an annual GTM plan, the DMM will oversee long-term marketing strategies, as well as short-term campaigns and marketing solutions in an effort to build VA awareness, with consideration for corporate partner objectives, to drive website traffic and fundraising revenue, while also increasing VA’s understanding of target audiences and opportunistic channels.
Utilizing strong analytical abilities, DMM will evaluate the end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points to develop the annual marketing plan and content distribution strategy that consistently portrays the VA brand and optimizes points of conversion.
- Align marketing strategy with revenue strategy
- Plan and execution of annual integrated marketing plans, inclusive of all digital marketing, including development and oversight of a web traffic plan (SEM/SEO), marketing database, email list growth, social media and paid media advertising campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing initiatives:
- Oversee key metrics and the dashboard housing them, including defined benchmarks, set KPIs and ROI
- Lead flow and conversion tracking across channels
- Identify trends and insights:
- Optimizing spend and performance based on the insights
- Identifying and gaining a deeper understanding of audience targets and effective channels (social, display, search, email, influencers, etc)
- Evaluating emerging technologies and providing recommendations for adoption where appropriate
- Create a consistent stakeholder experience by partnering with internal teams and agency support, for content strategy and distribution plan across channels and consumer touchpoints
- Manage agency relationships to increase results, via:
- Insights, growth strategies and go-to-market plans
- Analysis of defined goals, incl. dashboard mgt
- Continued improvement of user experience
- Supervise Digital Marketing coordinator, responsible for VA’s owned channels (social, email and web updates); designing, building and maintaining VA’s social media presence
- Manage GTM budget, allocating spend across initiatives within the annual plan and overseeing related tools (Hubspot, Brandwatch, Classy, etc.)
- Liaises with CRM Program Director to integrate marketing initiatives with organization’s Salesforce system, supporting backend website development and tracking of lead acquisition and donor retention
- Manages day-to-day website refresh needs; content-based across divisions, landing page updates for campaigns and technology upgrades
- As needed, support international GTM plans in core countries; i.e., India
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The DMM is supervised by the Director of Marketing with respect to overall assignments and performance, and interacts daily with other team members to coordinate his/her activities.
|Reports to:||Director of Marketing|
Digital Marketing Coordinator
|Primary working relationships:||Director of Marketing and Associate Brand Director (and team), as well as contacts across each internal Division for project specific needs.|
|Travel required:||At least once per quarter, international and domestic.|
- BA/BS degree in a related field from an accredited university
- 5+ years' experience digital marketing and advertising
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns and tools used to support efforts (Hubspot, Brandwatch, Google search metrics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of website analytics (e.g., Google Analytics) and ad serving tools, including GDN, and experience setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Superior communication, writing and editing skills
Incremental, Desirable Skills:
- Non-profit experience with Google Grant management and fundraising tools (i.e., Classy)
- Experience working with, and preferably managing, agencies or third party contractors.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, as well as Salesforce CRM
- Travel experience in developing countries