Employer: The Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc.
Position(s): Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Goleta, CA
Date: August, 2020
Role or Purpose of Position
The Digital Marketing Manager is a key player on Vitamin Angels (VA) Go-to-Market (GTM) team. The Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) will develop, execute and measure digital marketing strategies across all platforms in collaboration with the greater marketing team.
The ideal candidate is a digital/creative hybrid who understands how to best tell stories across various digital platforms. You are a hands-on builder who knows how to independently create platform strategies, develop channel-appropriate creative assets and measurement tools to guide our marketing performance.
The DMM reports to the VP of Marketing, collaborating with the Marketing team as well as the Development and Program divisions, and oversees relationships with digital and web agencies to execute initiatives that build the organization’s awareness and drive revenue.
S/he applies expertise in all aspects of Digital Marketing Management while working to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of VA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The DMM will have a strong grasp of current (and relevant) digital marketing trends and tactics to lead integrated marketing campaigns from concept to execution, supporting internal and external teams, from web development to account management and corporate partner promotional support and across all PESO initiatives.
Developing an annual GTM plan, the DMM will oversee long-term marketing strategies, as well as short-term campaigns and marketing solutions in an effort to build VA awareness, with consideration for corporate partner objectives, to drive website traffic and fundraising revenue, while also increasing VA’s understanding of target audiences and opportunistic channels.
Utilizing strong analytical abilities, DMM will evaluate the end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points to support the annual marketing plan and content distribution strategy.
What You’ll Do
Lead the end-to-end process for all digital marketing activities:
- Plan and execute annual integrated marketing plans, inclusive of all digital marketing, including development and oversight of a web traffic plan (SEM/SEO), marketing database, email list growth, social media and paid media advertising campaigns.
- Development and management of email marketing program, including campaign development, list segmentation, lead nurturing, and ongoing donor retention strategies.
- Guide the team to design, implement, optimize, and measure digital channel performance
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to identify potential process improvements and develop best practices.
- Collaborate with your team to ensure the timely completion of all projects across social media, email, and website builds/refreshes
- Ensure that the digital voice of Vitamin Angels strongly brings the organization’s mission, vision, and programs to life with credibility.
- Stay on top of the latest social marketing methodologies and effectively track digital marketing spend and KPIs, recommending and implementing improvements as needed.
Measure and report performance of all digital marketing initiatives:
- Oversee key metrics and the dashboard housing them, including defined benchmarks, set KPIs and ROI
- Lead flow and conversion tracking across channels
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and provide solutions for analytics and tracking issues across Google Analytics and integrations with Salesforce, PayPal and 3rd party tools.
Identify trends and insights:
- Optimizing spend and performance based on the insights
- Identifying and gaining a deeper understanding of audience targets and effective channels (social, display, search, email, influencers, etc.)
- Identifying new opportunities for Corporate Partner acquisition using digital marketing to reach target audience.
- In collaboration with Corporate Partners, identify opportunities for co-branded content, digital PR, and paid media.
Manage agency relationships to increase results, via:
- Insights, growth strategies and go-to-market plans
- Analysis of defined goals, incl. dashboard mgt
- Continued improvement of user experience
Supervise Digital Marketing Lead, responsible for VA’s owned channels (social, email and web updates); designing, building and maintaining VA’s social media presence and key digital assets.
Manage GTM budget, allocating spend across initiatives within the annual plan and overseeing related tools.
Liaises with IT Director to integrate marketing initiatives with organization’s Salesforce system, supporting backend website development and tracking of lead acquisition and donor retention
Manages day-to-day website refresh needs; content-based across divisions, landing page updates for campaigns and technology upgrades. Helps to support new site needs.
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the DMM is free to manage his/her activities in whatever way will best serve VA clients, partners and employees. Specific authorities associated with this position and their implementation procedures will be determined in conjunction with the Vice President of Marketing.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The DMM is supervised by the Vice President of Marketing with respect to overall assignments and performance, and interacts daily with other team members to coordinate his/her activities.
- Vice President of Marketing
- Digital Marketing Lead
- External agencies for delivery of integrated marketing campaigns and website service
Primary working relationships:
- Vice President of Marketing and Associate Brand Director, PR & Communications Lead, Digital Marketing Lead, Retail Marketing Manager, Event Marketing Manger as well as contacts across each internal Division for project specific needs.
- Potentially at least once per quarter, international and domestic
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- BA/BS degree in a related field from an accredited university
- 5+ years' experience digital marketing and advertising
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns and tools used to support efforts (Hubspot, Google search metrics, etc.)
- Management of robust email marketing program, including campaign development, list segmentation, lead nurturing, and ongoing donor retention strategies.
- Experience with leading annual online giving campaigns, including campaign development, digital PR outreach, paid media, content, and email integrations.
- Experience using digital marketing strategies and tactics to acquire new Corporate Partnerships for non-profits.
- Working knowledge of website analytics (e.g., Google Analytics) and ad serving tools, including GDN, and experience setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Superior communication, writing and editing skills
Incremental, Desirable Skills:
- Experience working with, and preferably managing, agencies or third party contractors.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, as well as Salesforce CRM
- Travel experience in developing countries
CHALLENGES OF THE POSITION
The challenge to individuals in the Digital Marketing Manager position is functioning in an environment characterized by transition. On an ongoing basis, the main challenge to the DMM is an ability to thrive in an environment that requires significant self-initiative, collaboration among many team members both internal and external to VA, and an ability to work effectively and efficiently with some management situated out of headquarters and accessible only by phone and email.
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae to:
Maureen Boyle, Director of Human Resources
E-mail: [email protected]
Resumes will be accepted until September 30, 2020 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
Comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program and more.