Employer: Vitamin Angels Alliance, Inc
Position: Events Marketing manager
Location: Goleta, CA
Role and Purpose of Position
The Events Marketing Manager is a key player on Vitamin Angels (VA) Go-to-Market (GTM) team. The Events Marketing Manager (EMM) will lead, ideate, plan, measure and optimize key fundraising and brand experiences across the organization.
Vitamin Angels is seeking an experienced Events Marketing Manager to own the event marketing strategy from inception, through to production and execution, and finally measurement.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership and communication skills, a strong understanding of marketing and operations, and validated experience executing best-in-class events. We're looking for a passionate individual to drive our event efforts by making them eye-opening and unforgettable. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive the strategy, execution, and value of signature fundraising events, trade shows, corporate partner events, company conferences, and internal events - nationally and internationally.
This opportunity requires someone with excellent organization and planning skills who can work autonomously with minimal supervision but can also work effectively with others collaborating within a team environment.
The Events Marketing Manager is part of the Marketing Division, reporting to the Vice President Marketing, and collaborates with the Marketing team on defining and developing VA’s overall marketing strategies. S/he applies expertise in all aspects integrated and retail marketing while working to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of VA.
This position will represent the brand and uphold the image of the organization by remaining sensitive to the complexities of non-profit marketing, especially as it pertains to retail, mass media, digital and other media.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as the lead for event planning, revenue generation, management, production and sponsorship.
Event Revenue Generation includes, but is not limited to:
- Partner with Development Division for revenue generation strategies for each event
- Partner with Development Division to create enticing and valuable event sponsorship packages
- Support the solicitation and securing of sponsorships
- Provide expertise and support to sponsors as required
Event Creation, Planning and Production Management includes, but is not limited to:
- Work with marketing teams and creative agencies to develop overall program theme, messaging look and feel as well as digital and physical marketing and communications collateral.
- Establish, monitor and manage performance expectations
- Develop and manage budgets for approval and assure adherence by tracking and reconciliation of all expenses once budget is approved
- Travel for site inspection and recommendation of meeting venues
- Provide onsite management of events to include oversight of vendors and staff
- Anticipate, develop and implement contingency plans for meeting activities
- Manage vendor relationships and contract negotiations
- Secure guest speakers and entertainment; review speeches, write scripts, coordinate rehearsals
- Work with venue to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements for each event as necessary
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event
Event Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to management team for each event project
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
- Coach and support Senior Events Marketing Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- B.A. degree from accredited university
- 5+ years prior experience coordinating large (500+guests) special events
- Proven track record of generating revenue from events
- Strong portfolio of innovative event production
- Experience with integrating social media, digital marketing and PR into event planning and execution
- Experience in managing VIPs, C-level executives and celebrities
- Demonstrated ability to be poised and effective during fast paced situations; ability to anticipate issues and have (or quickly develop) contingency plans.
- Attention to detail
- Must have a proven track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers.
- Verbal and written communications skills including active listening and questioning
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Computer skills -- MS Office -- Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Salesforce
- CMP (Certified Meeting Planner) with experience in the health and wellness industry and/or non-profit human services
- Experience in events with fiscal goals
- Thrives in leading and participating in a collaborative environment
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The Events Manager is supervised by the Vice President Marketing (or his/her designee), coordinates his/her activities with other leaders (Development, Programs, Marketing and Corporate Services) or their designated staff, and interacts daily with a range of members of the VA team. Each VA team member establishes work priorities and ensures that their individual activities are continuing within the context of an established schedule and budget.
Primary working relationships:
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae; to M. Boyle, Corporate Services Manager:
E-mail: email@example.com; or
Resumes will be accepted until February 15, 2020 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
Comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, and more.