Employer: The Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc.
Position: Executive Assistant: President, Board of Directors and Executive Team (Full Time Exempt, Salaried Position)
Division: Corporate Services
Date: June 2021
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a global public health organization working towards ending malnutrition worldwide by distributing life-changing vitamins and minerals to at-risk mothers and children under five in the U.S. and around the world.
Role or Purpose of Position
The primary role of this position is to provide direct support to the organization’s Founder/President. Secondarily, this position will support logistics and communication with the VA Board of Directors. Lastly, as-needed, this position will support the Senior Vice President of Operations and the Chief Financial Officer.
The Executive Assistant is a member of the Corporate Services Division.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Executive Assistant to the President
Provide assistance with various functions as required by the President including, but not limited to:
- Oversee the President’s calendar and scheduling of meetings, calls, travel, interviews, presentations, conferences, and events
- Coordinate all logistics and ensure that calendar accurately reflects relevant details (e.g. Zoom links, attendees and their titles, relevant updates about the company, etc.)
- Send daily agenda with summary of the day’s meetings/events
- Serve as a liaison between the President and internal/external parties
- Monitor emails to/from the President and prompt follow-up as needed – e.g. if the President has not yet received a reply to an email.
- Store and organize the President’s emails and provide the most recent communications with a particular contact or company as requested
- Send emails on the President’s behalf as requested.
- Coordinate all aspects of domestic and international travel, including flights, hotel accommodations, transportation and maps, international phone service, and other travel logistics
- Create a detailed travel itinerary containing travel logistics, event details, transportation and travel times, attendees and titles, reminders of key information, etc.
- Provide a travel-packet containing all confirmations, speeches, maps, and full itinerary
Meetings and Presentations
- Coordinate logistics for internal/external meetings and presentations – e.g. secure audio/visual equipment, determine podium and microphone details, procure support materials such as videos and slideshows, mail distribution items in advance, etc.
- Assist the President with presentation/speech preparation, as needed
- Research contacts and companies prior to meetings and provide summaries
- Store meeting notes and materials for future reference
- Maintain an archive of Presidents’ speeches and presentations.
- Reconcile receipts and complete expense reports for each trip (flights, hotels, meals, taxis, tips, etc.)
- Incorporate currency conversions, as needed
- Oversee reimbursements and assist with coding of charges on credit card statements
- Track overall expenses against organization’s annual budget
- Support the President with various tasks and projects including, but not limited to: screening phone calls, taking meeting minutes, supporting technical needs, ordering supplies, shipping and mailing, coordinating the signing of contracts, printing materials prior to meetings, and additional support, as needed.
Executive Assistant to the SVP of Operations and CFO
Provide assistance with various functions as requested by the SVP of Operations and CFO including, but not limited to:
- Work directly with Board Chair regarding all Board logistics
- Manage all scheduling and location logistics for all Board Meetings
- Coordinate agenda and presentation materials for all Board meetings
- Track any open agenda items from previous Board meeting
- Assist the Sr. Contracts Manager in taking notes in the Board meeting
- Coordinate with all departments to review, edit, and create one consistent document for VA’s One Year Operational Plan and Three Year Strategic Plan
- Provide copies of VA’s Operational Plan and Strategic Plan to Board during December Board meeting
- Maintain company’s Org Charts
- Coordinate weekly Vitamin Angels Management (“VAM”) Meeting agendas
- Coordinate other meetings with various parties as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the SVP of Operations and CFO
Level of Decision Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the Executive Assistant may use full discretion and independent judgment to manage his/her activities in whatever way will best serve the VA President, Board of Directors, and Executive Team.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. This position is supervised primarily by the President, and secondarily by the SVP of Operations and CFO for responsibilities related to the VA Board of Directors and the VA Executive Team.
Primary working relationships:
Yes, minimal and mostly domestic
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum BA/BS degree from an accredited university
- Prefer at least one year experience of administrative support at the executive level, or three years’ experience in a general administrative support role
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, time management, and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and communications skills (written/oral)
- Strong customer service orientation and high expectations for quality
- Technical expertise with MS Office, Google Suite, Outlook; Mac proficiency preferred
- Available to travel on an occasional basis
- Referrals required
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae to:
Maureen Boyle, Director of Human Resources
E-mail: [email protected]; or
Resumes will be accepted until July 1, 2021 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
Comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program and more.