The GD will consistently and reliably deliver clean, effective design work for projects including digital marketing assets, traditional print collateral, event-related signage, promotional items, interactive presentations, and publication design, to name a few. The GD will work closely with a variety of business leads across the organization to understand and interpret their needs before providing visual solutions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply and steadfastly uphold brand standards across all graphic and visual interpretations while also identifying opportunities to introduce or support organic evolution and flexibility.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to produce the day-to-day functional graphics needed for web, social, and the like.
- Co-ideate and present graphic concepts for events that deliver a cohesive and memorable brand experience. Work with the event team to determine project specifications, production timelines, design all associated assets and manage print production including communication with vendors, budget, and delivery logistics.
- Collaborate on concepts for integrated campaigns and produce associated assets to be implemented primarily through digital channels and for 3rd party syndication.
- Partner with the Development team to ideate and support creation of pitch concepts and deliverables that support existing and new corporate partner marketing activations.
- Support the graphic design needs of the Program team in order to facilitate training and compliance in delivery of our interventions.
- Follow internal processes for receiving design requests, kicking off new projects, and managing the feedback process with stakeholders. Own and help to evolve these processes to deliver exceptional service.
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the GD is free to manage his/her activities in whatever way will best serve VA and its partners. Specific authorities associated with this position and their implementation procedures will be determined in conjunction with the Associate Director of Brand Marketing and/or Marketing Director.
The GD is supervised by the Associate Director of Brand Marketing with respect to overall assignments and performance, and interacts regularly with all members of the VA team.
|Reports to/Supervised by:||Associate Director of Brand-Marketing|
|Supervises:||None at this time|
|Primary working relationships:||
Marketing Division Development & Program Divisions
|Travel (U.S. + International) required||No|
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of information display and messaging hierarchy
- Can conceptualize, plan, and design a wide range of materials
- Propose forward-thinking design ideas
- Believes in challenging him/herself as well as “the way we’ve always done it.”
- Ability to solve story-driven design problems and explain to colleagues how your design solves for their communication challenge
- Finds satisfaction in the full lifespan of a creative project: creative strategy, conception, production and execution
- Ability to identify and interpret graphic design needs and develop creative and responsive solutions
- Ability to interpret, find value, and respond to all forms of feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and to collaborate across divisions.
- Interest in assimilating shared performance insights, and helping to continuously improve outcomes
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization
- Self-starter who excels at multitasking, managing competing deadlines and maintains a great attitude when working under pressure
- BA or BFA in Graphic/Communication Design, Fine Art, or similar.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Proficiency with photo and video cataloging and storage (Adobe Lightroom)
- In-depth knowledge of typography, color theory, layout and information design
- 5 years+ of professional graphic/production design experience
- Understanding of brand building and storytelling
- Complete knowledge in file preparation/print production
- Experience with large scale graphic production for trade shows and events
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Interest in and commitment to the organization’s mission
- Background or interest in photography
- Knowledge of UX design and usability
- Understanding and interest in social media, web and new and emerging media outlets.
- Merchandising design, retail signage, POP/POS display, prototyping, packaging, and related projects
CHALLENGES OF THE POSITION
Vitamin Angels is in the process of updating its brand standards. The GD will have the opportunity to largely own the implementation of the revised standards across all new assets, as well as updating existing assets. As with any time of transition, the GD may face challenges in presenting new ideas or justifying changes in approach. Additionally, the GD will need to regularly interpret feedback from stakeholders that do not have a creative background; the ability to listen and build consensus will be critical to success in the role.