Independent Consultant - Copywriter
- Position: Independent Consultant - Copywriter
- Location: Remote
- Employer: VA
- Duration: May-Dec 2021 (10-20 hrs/week)
- Apply by: July 15
Vitamin Angels is a highly-rated, public health nutrition organization. We’ve built an incredible community of program partners, stakeholders, corporate donors and supporters united to create a healthier world. Together, we’re making a meaningful impact for underserved populations in every U.S. state and globally.
Scope of Work:
Working with the Marketing team, the copywriter will possess an understanding and appreciation of the power of words in creating a meaningful brand experience. The copywriter will help to bring our story to life for individual and corporate partner audiences across various mediums and channels.
By developing copy for Vitamin Angels’ website, email, marketing campaigns and more, the copywriter works collaboratively with the digital, creative and content teams to drive awareness, acquisition, onboarding, and retention, fueling our organization’s mission.
This individual must be able to hone a consistent and effective brand voice across various mediums, and to write in a manner that is both accessible for a general consumer audience, and technically accurate. A deep appreciation of the responsibility of writing about real people in real life-situations is essential; in particular, the ability to do so in a manner that shines with authenticity and places dignity above all else.
- Develop an understanding of the Vitamin Angels’ brand story.
- Write and edit brand copy for distribution on various platforms targeting specified audiences and driving desired outcomes.
- Evolve and define Vitamin Angels’ voice and tone.
- Help advance the quality of core messages and effectiveness of CTAs.
- Develop and deliver narrative storytelling, using content provided, to bring our efforts and impact to life for digital outlets. Build stories that champion and celebrate our local partners and program participants, respecting and protecting their dignity.
- Gain working knowledge of our programmatic efforts including how we work, what services we provide, the need and the benefits, and assist in accurately interpreting those topics for a consumer audience.
As defined on a project-by-project basis. Assignments and deadlines to be mutually agreed upon.
Assignments will feature a mix for formats from creative headlines to email subject lines, CTAs, paid ad copy, as well as long-form stories, video scripts, sales and marketing print materials, and more.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Three+ years’ experience as a writer focused on brand content, preferably in the health, wellness, nutrition or VMS space, and/or nonprofit communications.
- Ability to write compelling and persuasive, consumer-facing copy while ensuring technical accuracy.
- A strong portfolio including web, email, and advertising as well as long-form storytelling. Video scripting experience is a bonus.
- Top-notch writing and editing skills, including knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Experience and strong understanding of digital copywriting best practices, including basic or working knowledge of search engine algorithms and keyword research is preferred.
- Self-directed, attentive to detail, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A pro-active communicator with strong inter-personal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Writing samples encouraged.