EMPLOYER: Vitamin Angels Alliance, Inc.
POSITION: Learning Solutions Localization Intern
LOCATION: Flexible. This person can work remotely from anywhere in the USA or work from our corporate headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA or our second office in Chicago.
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. We are committed to fostering a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
Role or Purpose of Position
As an important part of the Learning Solutions (LS) team, you will help the unit operate more efficiently and effectively through the coordination of translation projects from initial requests to final delivery. The Localization Intern will learn to be responsible for tracking progress of translation projects, communicating with translators and coordinating the work flow between the MemoQ software, translators and the LS unit. They will also assist with formatting materials in Adobe InDesign and work with Country Advisors to ensure translations meet the local needs of the programs and that translator invoices are correct for payment. This position will work to promote, exemplify and further the mission 1 , values and culture of Vitamin Angels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to use MemoQ software to coordinate translation projects
- Format Social Behavior Communication (SBC) materials in Adobe InDesign
- Coordinate the translation of SBC materials for 12+ languages
- Ensure final SBC documents are standardized across languages
- Attend required meetings and provide project updates to the LS team
- Assist with other Learning Solutions and Programs functions as needed 1 Our mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Independent, highly organized, attention to detail, great follow through and focus, hard worker
- Strong people skills and good communicator
- Team player
- Available 10-16 hours per week – with minimum 4-month commitment
- Required computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel
Compensation: $400 monthly stipend Vitamin Angels is willing to accommodate a variety of internship program needs, such as internships for course credit, international students, or independent internship seekers.