(NOTE: This position description is for a future Vitamin Angels India (VAI) position to be filled when VAI is fully incorporated and has received an FCRA Registration. Until that time, Vitamin Angels USA (VA USA) will engage a consultant advisor under a separate consulting agreement between the advisor and VA USA to fill the role described below including a statement of all reporting relationships and deliverables.)
Employer: The Vitamin Angels Alliance, India (VAI)
Position: Logistics and Program Coordinator, India
Location: India (must already be based in India)
DATE: Effective upon receipt by VAI of notification of approved incorporation status and FCRA registration
Role or Purpose of Position
VAI seeks to continue to expand its country programming in India to reduce health and economic disparities across the lifespan by effectively delivering evidence-based nutrition interventions to hard-to-reach populations. Specifically, VAI delivers evidence-based nutrition interventions that target the first 1000 days of life (i.e., from conception to 24 months of age) and children up to 5 years of age.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify, vet, qualify, and maintain interested organizations to serve as program partners.
- Field inquiries about VAI’s program in India, reach out to as many potential partners as possible, and introduce potential partners to the many benefits of universal provision of VAI supported interventions,
- Help prospective partners as they fill out VAI’s micronutrient grant application, and
- Follow up with grantees on 6-month monitoring of their projects to contribute to the renewal and retention of program partners, as per plan of action developed by the Vice-President for Nutrition, India.
- Monitor activities of distribution partners.
- Maintain all program partner records in Salesforce, Rootstock, and Dropbox,
- Assist in collection of annual reports from all program partners,
- Encourage distribution partners to coordinate their activities among themselves and with local government authorities to avoid duplication of services and collect documentation in support of such coordination, and
- Support discrete monitoring, evaluation, and data collection activities designed by VA USA.
- Support VAI and VA USA Marketing, Development, and other initiatives as requested.
- Support planning and execution of VAI and VA USA marketing activities,
- Create and curate social media content for VAI, including infographics,
- Support the execution of VAI and VA USA donor trips, and
- Support other organizational initiatives as requested.
- Provide logistical support to ensure implementation and tracking of VAI’s services to grantees. VAI utilizes a local product supply chain to make product grants to program partners. To ensure timely and smooth delivery of product grants to program partners, candidate is expected to:
- Maintain regular contact with donated and contracted warehouse services to ensure shipments are sent in a timely manner,
- Track shipments and confirm delivery to program partners,
- Maintain and report inventory records consistent with shipments dispatched to program partners and product remaining in stock, and
- Facilitate forward shipment from a local storage and distribution center to individual program partners.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Based in India;
- Fluent in English and at least one Indian language;
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Nutrition or Community Medicine or Social Work or equivalent professional experience;
- Strong understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition in India;
- Minimum two years of relevant experience performing consultancies with INGOs, bilateral, or multilateral agencies;
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Willing and able to travel domestically during the consultancy;
- Willing to work from home and in possession of reliable telephone/internet connectivity;
- Superior written and oral communications skills; and
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply, please email your professional resume and cover letter to [email protected]