Vitamin Angels is seeking a Coordinator to support Marketing Operations.
- Employer: Vitamin Angels
- Position: Marketing Operations Coordinator (MOC)
- Date: August 2021
- Location: Flexible. This person can work remotely from anywhere in the continental US or work from our corporate headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA or our second office in Chicago, IL or any combination thereof.
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels is a highly-rated, public health nutrition organization. We’ve built an incredible community of program partners, stakeholders, corporate donors and supporters united to create a healthier world. Together, we’re making a meaningful impact for underserved populations in every U.S. state and globally.
Role or Purpose of Position
The Marketing Operations Coordinator (MOC), plays a vital role within the Marketing Team.
Our team continues to evolve. We need an MOC who can take the wide view, listen to our team’s needs, understand project objectives and players, and work collaboratively to develop processes and implement systems that make workflows more clear and efficient for all parties. From there, the MOC will apply impeccable attention to detail as they define projects, coordinate production with cross-functional teams, communicate clearly and proactively with stakeholders, execute assignments, and usher multiple projects through to completion on time and on budget. The right candidate has some experience and/or familiarity communicating and collaborating with individuals and agencies in a creative or marketing setting. To thrive in this role, this individual possesses the ability to build healthy, respectful relationships.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Associate Director of Brand Marketing, the MOC supports brand, creative, and content projects from inception to completion. Coordinating with cross-functional internal teams and external agencies, the MOC will be the one person to bring everything together, keep everyone informed and things running smoothly. This individual will be a highly organized master multi-tasker. Working well under pressure and adapting to ever-changing deliverables, the MOC will exude calm and confidence, reassuring stakeholders that everything is under control. The MOC will:
- Develop and implement process improvements and automation to increase efficiency, visibility, and productivity.
- Receive incoming creative/content/project requests, provide insight into viability of a concept to be produced relative to budget, timeline, and vendor/resource availability
- Define and assign projects, gather/review specifications & assets, scope out deliverables and due dates.
- Develop and manage project timelines, set expectations and ensure contributors are accountable, and consistently communicate progress to stakeholders.
- Coordinate review of creative/content/project deliverables with internal/external stakeholders, consolidate revisions, and provide revised direction.
- Organize delivery of approved assets, and manage filing/archival of finished assets.
- Coordinate and oversee the production of materials including event collateral, print and direct mail, donor recognition pieces, and PR pieces.
- Support the creation and socialization of campaign and video project briefs including, as needed, research and ideation.
Level of Decision-Making:
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the MOC may use their discretion and independent judgment to manage activities in whatever way will best serve the purpose of this position.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The MOC is supervised by the Associate Director of Brand Marketing (or their designee), coordinates their activities with other leaders (Development, Programs, Marketing, and Corporate Services) or their designated staff, and interacts daily with a range of members of the VA team. Each VA team member establishes work priorities and ensures that their individual activities are continuing within the context of an established schedule and budget.
Primary working relationships:
None. If remote, option to come to Santa Barbara office a few times a year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience working as a project coordinator or similar
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with marketing and collaboration with creatives.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Takes exceptional initiative, self-directed, goal-oriented, results-driven.
- Resourceful with strong creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and follow-through skills.
- Adaptable and flexible. Ability to keep calm in ever-changing environment and be solution-oriented.
- Ability to deliver a quality product on time and on budget.
- Strong inter-personal skills, specifically the ability and commitment to building relationships on cross functional teams and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Office & Google Suite, and internal communication platforms.
Vitamin Angels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are a dedicated group of individuals whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. We are committed to fostering a supportive environment where everyone can contribute, thrive, and grow.
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter; resume or curriculum vitae to: Kim Saam, Associate Director of Brand Marketing.
E-mail: [email protected]
Resumes will be accepted until September 15, 2021 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program and more.