(NOTE: This position description is for a future Vitamin Angels India (VAI) position to be filled when VAI is fully incorporated and has received an FCRA Registration. Until that time, Vitamin Angels USA (VA USA) will engage a consultant advisor under a separate consulting agreement between the advisor and VA USA to fill the role described below including a statement of all reporting relationships and deliverables.)
Employer: The Vitamin Angels Alliance, India (VAI)
Position: Program Officer, India
Location: India (must already be based in India)
DATE: Effective upon receipt by VAI of notification of approved incorporation status and FCRA registration
Role or Purpose of Position
VAI seeks to continue to expand its country programming in India to reduce health and economic disparities across the lifespan by effectively delivering evidence-based nutrition interventions to hard-to-reach populations. Specifically, VAI delivers evidence-based nutrition interventions that target the first 1000 days of life (i.e., from conception to 24 months of age) and children up to 5 years of age.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify, vet, qualify, and maintain interested organizations to serve as program partners.
- Field inquiries about VAI’s program in India, reach out to as many potential partners as possible, and introduce potential partners to the many benefits of universal provision of VAI supported interventions,
- Help prospective partners as they fill out VAI’s micronutrient grant application,
- Follow up with grantees on 6-month monitoring of their projects to contribute to the renewal and retention of program partners, as per plan of action developed by the Vice-President for Nutrition, India, and
- Assist with program management activities in the rest of India as required.
- Assist distribution partners by providing basic follow-up support and technical assistance on an on-going basis in specified states.
- Organize and provide activation trainings to field partners,
- Connect program partners with available technical materials provided by VAI as needed,
- Provide standardized feedback to grantees upon review of annual report, and
- Support the development and field-testing of new IEC materials.
- Monitor activities of distribution partners.
- Collect and provide feedback on annual reports from all program partners in specified states,
- Help coordinate and conduct on-site monitoring visits of a random portion of program partners throughout India consistent with key performance indicators,
- Encourage distribution partners to coordinate their activities among themselves and with local government authorities to avoid duplication of services and collect documentation in support of such coordination, and
- Support discrete monitoring, evaluation, and data collection activities designed by VA USA.
- Support VAI and VA USA Marketing, Development, and other initiatives as requested.
- Support planning and execution of VAI and VA USA marketing activities,
- Create and curate social media content for VAI, including infographics,
- Support the execution of VAI and VA USA donor trips, and
- Support other organizational initiatives as requested.
- Manage activities of additional consultant resources in the India program.
- Ensure state consultants are familiar with all VAI policies and procedures,
- Train state consultants to follow all VAI policies and procedures as necessary and to undertake any specialized functions assigned to consultant,
- Set goals and targets for state consultants’ activities,
- Assign, manage, and monitor progress of the consultants’ activities, and
- Provide Vice-President for Nutrition, India with feedback on consultants’ activities.
- In addition to supporting achievement of overall India team goals, candidate will have primary responsibility for achieving program goals and managing government grants in states assigned by the Vice-President for Nutrition, India.
- To support VAI programs in India, candidate will endeavor to:
- Establish a maternal infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN) related media monitoring process to collect news coverage and discussion of topics pertinent to the range of VAI nutrition interventions,
- To get trained in MIYCN and incorporate it into the SurveyMonkey platform and/or other training platforms to offer it as an evidence-based intervention to field partners, and
- To conceptualize and facilitate alliances among VAI network of organizations in India.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Based in India;
- Fluent in English and at least one Indian language;
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Nutrition or Community Medicine or Social Work or equivalent professional experience;
- Strong understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition in India;
- Minimum two years of relevant experience performing consultancies with INGOs, bilateral, or multilateral agencies;
- Existing network of contacts with many different NGOs in India;
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Willing and able to travel domestically during the consultancy;
- Willing to work from home and in possession of reliable telephone/internet connectivity;
- Superior written and oral communications skills; and
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply, please email your professional resume and cover letter to [email protected]