The Retail Partnership Marketing Manager is responsible for the creation, implementation, and coordination, with support from the Marketing Division, of initiatives to raise awareness of the Vitamin Angels and Corporate Partners relationship among owned channels and most importantly through the channels of our partners.
Additionally, the Partnership Marketing Manager will act as a point of contact to maintain, coordinate and implement Retail Partner initiated marketing activations. S/he applies expertise in all aspects of retail partnerships while working to promote, exemplify and further the mission, values and culture of VA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the generation of brand marketing plans for key accounts, and the overall approach for retail and brand accounts.
- Owns the integration and inclusion of Vitamin Angels across the channels of our partners
- Understands partner audiences and works with corporate partners to engage audiences through campaigns, content creation and coordination.
- Understands internal marketing mechanisms of largest corporate partners on multiple levels and can engage them strategically to ensure success.
- Collaborates with corporate partners to establish strategy, metrics and objectives and helps them meet those objectives.
- Works with the Development Division to add value to the partnership by providing support in marketing endeavors.
- Supports creation of recognition initiatives as they relate to corporate partners and corporate partner stakeholders (employees, vendors).
- Reports status and key metrics to management team.
- Participates in all account meetings / calls providing support to the Development Division.
- Manages special project requests related to marketing initiatives and acts as point of contact for corporate partners, external agencies, and Vitamin Angels’ internal divisions and staff members
- Dedicated to on-site project management in-the-field, especially for managing content collection initiatives that ensure satisfaction of the partner’s needs
- Supports Retail Account Managers in overall strategy, research and execution of projects related to Corporate Partnership marketing initiatives
- Supports balancing corporate partner requests with the capabilities of Vitamin Angels, its field partners, and their beneficiary communities by coordinating on-the-ground logistics in order to furnish account deliverables
- Prioritizes protecting beneficiary interests as designated in Vitamin Angels’ Protecting Beneficiary Rights policy in the interest of preserving dignity of beneficiary communities as well as the integrity of Vitamin Angels and its corporate partners
- Manages day to day of project progress
- Assists Marketing Division in identification and vetting of external agencies & contractors.
- Manages project budgets and staff resources.
- Reports status to management.
|Reports to/Supervised by:||Director Marketing|
|Primary working relationships:||Marketing Division, with support to Development Division/WBA team|
|Travel required||Local + International - as needed|
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- 4-year college degree (Marketing, Business, or Communications majors preferred)
- 3-5 years professional experience required in retail or consumer marketing with a track record of advancement
- Must work well independently and within a team
- Lead and influence others across functions by building strong relationships
- Effective communicator able to inspire action in others
- Demonstrate passion for the Brand and innovative concepts
- Ability to synthesize historical data, post-mortems with marketing research and other information sources to develop go-to-market strategies that align with organizational goals
- Budget management skills to ensure budget tracking in line with plans/projections & ROI
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion, professionalism and tact in dealing with corporate partners, especially with regard to confidential or sensitive information.
- Sensitivity to cultural and circumstantial norms and differences.
This role is based in Santa Barbara, CA
- Knowledge and understanding of digital advertising and social media strategies
- Experience with commercial film shoots and agencies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of user analytics platforms in order to make data-driven decisions
- Knowledge of media production, particularly video production
Level of Decision-Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the Retail Partnerships Marketing Manager is free to manage his/her activities in whatever way will best serve VA clients, partners and employees. Specific authorities associated with this position and their implementation procedures will be determined in conjunction with the Director of Marketing.