Employer: Vitamin Angel Alliance, Inc.
Position: Social Media & PR Manager
Date: June 2021
Location: Goleta, CA / Remote Considered
About Vitamin Angels
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a global public health organization working towards ending malnutrition worldwide by distributing life-changing vitamins and minerals to at-risk mothers and children under five in the U.S. and around the world.
Role or Purpose of Position
The Social Media & PR Manager brings Vitamin Angels’ voice and mission to life through our social media platforms and PR initiatives. As the Social Media & PR Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading the strategic vision of Vitamin Angels’ social media, developing and maintaining Vitamin Angels’ presence across all social media platforms, and partnering cross-functionally across the organization to integrate social and PR strategies into all areas of the business.
The focal point for the position is content development (both written and creative) including social posts, PR articles, press releases, case studies, thought leadership articles, creative briefs for videos, graphics, animations and more. The ability to build a plan as well as write dynamic, engaging copy is essential.
This role requires a natural leader with a passion for authentic storytelling who wants to help us take our social channels and PR tactics to the next level.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media (70%) and PR (30%)
• Leading the vision, strategy development, and execution of Vitamin Angels social media channels, including content development, community management and measurement reporting to strengthen and grow Vitamin Angels’ community engagement and followers.
- Posting, monitoring, and engaging daily with our social media community, while ensuring consistent brand voice.
• Leading the vision for creative content development for social media channels including video, graphics, and animations.
- Working closely with the Creative and Content Production team, to provide creative social media and PR content on a consistent basis, to align with key launches, marketing moments, and other noteworthy events.
- Drafting press materials, creative pitches, articles and other communications documents as needed or directed.
• Preparing, analyzing and distributing reports on social media and PR performance to internal stakeholders and regularly making recommendations, updates and improvements based on those findings.
- Leading speaking engagement strategies to demonstrate Vitamin Angels’ leadership and subject matter expertise.
- Engaging corporate partner influencers to broaden Vitamin Angels’ social reach.
- Supporting the execution of brand influencer campaigns.
Level of Decision Making
Within the bounds of VA’s mission, values and policies, and sound professional practices, the Social Media and PR Manager may use full discretion and independent judgment to manage his/her activities in whatever way will best serve the purpose of this position.
VA operates under a collaborative, matrix management model. The Social Media & PR Manager is supervised by the PR & Communications Lead (or his/her designee), coordinates his/her activities with other leaders (Development, Programs, Marketing and Corporate Services) or their designated staff, and interacts daily with a range of members of the VA team. Each VA team member establishes work priorities and ensures that their individual activities are continuing within the context of an established schedule and budget.
Primary working relationships:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in social media, ideally leading social strategy at an agency or in-house for consumer and/or a lifestyle brand/s
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven ability to grow engagement and followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube
- Strong knowledge of social media measurement tools, techniques and platforms
- Knowledge of media monitoring tools, including Cision.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that will enable you to grow into a trusted arbiter of brand voice and tone
- Ability to tie newsworthy trends to new social content
- Ability to interpret complicated or industry-specific information and translate it into digestible content.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience leading PR strategies
- Natural leader with a positive, energetic and collaborative working style
- Team player who is highly motived and a driven self-starter
- Problem-solver who can make quick decisions, and possess excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Challenges of the Position
The challenge to individuals in the Social Media and PR Manager Position is to satisfy the needs of diverse constituents, under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities, while improving and maintaining VA’s social media presence.
To apply, interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae to:
Maureen Boyle, Director of Human Resources
E-mail: [email protected]; or
Resumes will be accepted until July 1, 2021 or until a qualified applicant is identified.
Comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Wellness Program and more.