(NOTE: This position description is for a future Vitamin Angels India (VAI) position to be filled when VAI is fully incorporated and has received an FCRA Registration. Until that time, Vitamin Angels USA (VA USA) will engage a consultant advisor under a separate consulting agreement between the advisor and VA USA to fill the role described below including a statement of all reporting relationships and deliverables.)
Employer: The Vitamin Angels Alliance, India (VAI)
Position: Training Manager, India
Location: India (must already be based in India)
DATE: Effective upon receipt by VAI of notification of approved incorporation status and FCRA registration
Role or Purpose of Position
VAI seeks to continue to expand its country programming in India to reduce health and economic disparities across the lifespan by effectively delivering evidence-based nutrition interventions to hard-to-reach populations. Specifically, VAI delivers evidence-based nutrition interventions that target the first 1000 days of life (i.e., from conception to 24 months of age) and children up to 5 years of age.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist program partners by providing follow-up support and technical assistance on an on-going basis.
- Provide introduction to VAI Learning Tools to ensure distribution of micronutrient products in a manner consistent with best practices,
- As learning tools selections are made, develop learning strategy, plan, and conduct training for program partners,
- Promote the use of eLearning, developing a distribution strategy, and monitoring and encouraging uptake,
- Advise the VA USA Learning Solutions team on appropriate technologies for the region, and
- Support the development and field testing of technical documents and learning materials.
- Conduct regular trainings consistent with learning tools selection for all program partners. To ensure timely and smooth trainings for program partners, Candidate is expected to:
- Work with Vice-President for Nutrition, India to determine a learning schedule for priority locations and organizations,
- Identify course participants based on VAI’s participant selection criteria,
- Maintain continued communications with the organizations, individual participants, and facilitators scheduled for training,
- Coordinate travel and/or travel reimbursement for the course facilitator(s) and course participants (if approved and required),
- Provide electronic copies of relevant course materials to participants in advance of each course, and ship learning materials to the learning site, and
- Create a budget for each course that is approved by the Vice-President for Nutrition, India.
- Monitor activities of program partners.
- Conduct on-site monitoring visits of a random portion of program partners throughout India consistent with key performance indicators,
- Coordinate monitoring visits among local monitors/consultants/facilitators to meet key performance indicators, including monthly planning, budgeting, travel arrangements, training, and oversight to ensure all monitoring visits are conducted and monitoring tools submitted are complete and accurate, and
- Support discrete monitoring, evaluation, and data collection activities designed by VA USA.
- Manage activities of locally contracted facilitators in VAI. Candidate will be responsible for directing and managing the training activities of locally identified facilitators. Candidate will:
- Identify and activate course facilitators, with advice from the Vice-President for Nutrition, India,
- Standardize facilitator capacity to deliver all VAI training (using VAI Learning Tools) and/or technical assistance programs by coordinating and executing a Facilitation Skills Course,
- Manage local letters of agreements with facilitators to ensure their availability and confirm payment rate consistent with VAI’s program budget for India,
- Ensure that the course facilitator(s) complete and submit all required course records and be responsible for sharing these with the VA USA Learning Solutions team,
- Coordinate all learning logistics (as described in primary responsibility #2) including:
- Support the local facilitator by printing and couriering the learning materials required in their region,
- Provide follow-up on trip feedback, learning details, social media messaging, etc. about the trip,
- Manage budget for all Learning Solutions and M&E activities conducted by facilitator(s) including:
- preparing monthly monetary advances
- reviewing submitted trip expenses
- balancing advances vs. expenses, and
- Conduct regular review meetings with local facilitators virtually as well as in person to take stock of tasks accomplished and plan for future tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Based in India;
- Fluent in English and at least one Indian language;
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Nutrition or Community Medicine or Social Work or equivalent professional experience;
- Strong understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition in India;
- Minimum five years of relevant experience performing training-related consultancies with INGOs, bilateral, or multilateral agencies;
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Willing and able to travel domestically during the consultancy;
- Willing to work from home and in possession of reliable telephone/internet connectivity;
- Superior written and oral communications skills; and
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply, please email your professional resume and cover letter to [email protected]